Thank you for considering a Pitzer Ranch stallion to breed to your mare! Here you can find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about breeding your mare at the Pitzer Ranch.
We are fortunate to work with Dr. Terri Bridgman and our Stud Manager Ben Hoepker during each breeding season. They both have many years of experience and strive to be as efficient and timely as possible when attempting to get your mare settled.
We DO NOT send cooled shipped semen on our stallions. Regular vet costs for palpations, mare care, and any unforeseen medical expenses will be charged to client.
Stallions with frozen semen available for shipping.
Please Contact Pitzer Ranch for Frozen Semen Contract.
Pitzer Ranch 2022 mare care rates are as follows.
- Pasture Bred Stud: May 10th – July 31st $8.00/day (Pasture Only)
- Artificial Insemination String: April-July 31st $10.00/day (Pasture & grain)
- Artificial Insemination String: April-July 31st $20.00/day (Individual Stall/Run)
Documents & Payments Required to Breed a Mare at Pitzer Ranch:
- $1,500 Stud Fee
- $100 Chute Fee
- Photo Copy of Mare’s Papers
- Foaling Date (if applicable)